Monday, March 14, 2011

Spring!


Another one that was so much fun to make! These are really great to make when you feel like being artsy, but don't have the patience for any details. I made this on a paper that they wrap glasses in at the store (I bought something breakable at World Market). You know, that really cheap paper? I just poured (more like squirted) pretty colors of acrylic paints all over the paper, using white as the last color I added. Then, I folded the paper over so all the colors are kinda smushed.
It kind of gives you the feeling of fingerpainting - you know how there's no "wrong" way to finger paint? It just is exactly the way it's supposed to be. Even though this only takes about 5 mins., the process of pouring paint all over, then folding the paper together - leaves me with a great feeling afterward!
In the previous picture (below) I added Mod Podge, and that protects the paint, but it also makes for bad pictures because of the shiny-flashy factor. So, no Mod Podge here. 
Anyways, I'm planning on using this paper for my 1st paper mache project - when that will be done, I don't know. It has just finished drying & now I've got to begin the sanding process. Wish me luck!

Ingredients: cheap paper, acrylic paints

3 comments:

Jan said...

oooh! paper mache! I'm intrigued now!

CP said...

I Like this! The colors are fantastic! Nice work!

Tug said...

I'm loving these, & the colors here? My faves! Good luck on the project you're working on, no doubt it will be awesome!

Post a Comment