Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Lover lips


Finally! I feel like I've got my groove back.  This is on a 9x12 canvas, kinda-mixed media (?) for week 6 of Focus52 project. The background is acrylics in blues & purples. My girl is mostly acrylics, with the exception of her face & neck- which are oils (every time I use oils for the face I regret it - it's SO unforgiving! 1 mistake & you have to re-do it & let it dry again for 24 hours...enough w/the whining) I used pencil on the arms, hair, and around her neck & face. For her hat I used light modeling paste, which I mixed w/black acrylic paint & once it dried, covered it w/mod podge to make it shiny. Facial features are all acrylics, felt pen & white gel pen. What makes her fun is all that's going on above her head... perhaps w/o her even knowing it.  ;) I used a metal wire, flower made out of something-or-other & a lil bluebird I bought at a thrift store. To finish her off she's got some faux gems on her blouse, oh and gold paisley stamping on it, too!

With the exception of her eyes, this was lots of fun! The eyes stressed me out so much that after attempting the eyes on Thursday, getting 1 right & 1 wrong - then having to re-do the eye area & let it dry, I stayed away from this until tonight (well, Saturday night). But then, I conquered this bad baby! The upper right is dark because the canvas isn't totally in the frame, as I wrote in the title, she's still drying & I didn't want to tempt fate. When I put her up for sale, I'll have to take proper pics of this chick - oh and by the way, I'm using my new Nikon Coolpix L22 & LOVE it! (thanks, Tug, for recommending it) I haven't named this one yet & hope I haven't made this sound like a bitchfest. I really, really do like how this one came out. Think I may take a break from "faces" for awhile though, on the other hand, it's challenging. Time will tell.

This week's prompt was "love, baby!" and that's unintentionally in her heart-shaped lips.
Original date: 2/13/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment