Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Lil black bird


A whimsical mixed media piece on an 8x10 gessoed art board. I started by painting the background an aqua color, then added various cardstock. As with most of my art, I used copies from my Grandmother's collection: 2 pieces from plays/musicals she was in, and 1 piece from a song sheet. I also have part of an old postcard in the background. I added faux feathers and puffy paint. Then, I covered it with tissue paper, and tore strips out, especially where the feathers were. Lastly, I made this adorable black bird with a few feathers on his head - he's got SO much personality, I am very pleased with how he came out. Above him I used tissue paper with premade clouds in it, this may be left blank, or you can use it as a thought bubble & have me add whatever phrase you'd like in there.

This item is for sale without the frame. I've displayed 2 frames so you can get an idea of what it would look like framed. It does not have any sort of hanging device on the back.

This piece isn't as shiny as it appears in photograph. It looks shinier due to the mod podge & flash camera.

** This piece is now for sale on my Etsy site for $9.50 (plus shipping). 
Original date: 1/31/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment